The Westshore Velodrome is the ideal place to learn how to ride on a velodrome with its gentle banking and smooth surface. You will learn the basic rules, safety, and etiquette of track riding as well as operation of a fixed gear track bike. Bike rental is included; all you need is your helmet, gloves, and appropriate riding attire (bring your clipless shoes and pedals if you got them). Once you have completed the Learn to Ride clinic, you are eligible to participate in open track training sessions* upon purchasing an annual track pass or pay by drop-in.
GVVA membership is included with your LTR registration.
Each session will be capped at 12 participants.
Group Pricing & Private Session
New to 2019, we offer a group rate for up to 8 participants at each Learn-to-Ride session. Private booking is also available, please email us at email@example.com
What to bring?
- Cycling helmet
- Appropriate cycling apparel – shorts, jersey or similar.
- Cycling shoes, if you have them and your pedals. Otherwise, runners are appropriate for rental bike use.
- Water, snack, sunblock, clothing for weather changes.
- Your track bike, if you have one. Must have fixed cog, and not freewheel. Recommended gearing is 80-86 gear-inches.
For all enquiries, please contact our LTR director firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to participate in group training sessions (Monday Learn-to-Race coached session) and club races, new riders must return to an open track session after the completion of Learn-to-Ride for evaluation by our coaches. Riders with some track experience and/or have not been to our track in the past 5 years are also required to join an open track session for assessment before joining group training session or races.
- Ability to ride a bicycle – road, mountain bike, bmx, etc. No previous track bike, ‘fixie’, or single-speed bike riding experience is required
- Sundays – 2 hours (9 am to 11 am)
- See dates on our calendar.
How to Register
Register for Learn to Ride online on this web site. The registration includes your annual general membership.
During the registration process you must agree to our standard waiver. You do not need to download and sign our paper waiver when registering online.
You must pre-register at least one day prior to the event date. Only 12 spots per date!
Attend your Learn to Ride session on the date you selected, and have fun!