FasterTrack Junior Performance Program: Spring Sessions
Thursdays 4:15-6:00 July 1st to August 22nd
Designed for youth riders (18 and younger) experienced in the track, looking for next level development. The curriculum will focus on sprint-type efforts and events, with some longer track-only skills like Madison. FastTrack grads can expect faster efforts, and efficient use of track time.
Certified track coaches include:
- Lister Farrar (co-founder FastTrack and coach since 2011, NCCP Comp Dev, BPE),
- Casey Garrison (multi-national track championship medalist, NCCP Community initiation),
- Alex Bovell (national team cyclist, NCCP pending) and
- Alex Hui (GVVA head coach, multi-provincial championship medalist, NCCP Competition Development).
- GVVA Membership
- Rental bike, GVVA Membership,
- Annual Track Pass for other open track times,
- and coaching included.
The FastTrack program follows Cycling Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) principles to ensure athletes are developing effective cycling skills; tactics and techniques through age/stage appropriate training loads and progressions (volume and intensity). The Westshore Velodrome is a participant friendly environment, and the GVVA FastTrack program welcomes athletes with disabilities.
Thursday April 1, 2021 will be our first session of the year.
Practice times are 4:15-6:00, Thursdays to end of August.
COVID-19 Return to Play Policies in Effect!
For each session you must indicate your attendance using Spond. An access code will be sent to you once your registration order is completed
- Cycling helmet, water bottle, athletic clothing and running shoes.
- Athletes are permitted to use their own cycling shoes and pedals.
- Program runs rain or shine – please come prepared.
Fixed Gear / Velodrome Rental Bicycles are provided for all FastTrack participants on loan from the GVVA, if needed, on a first come; first served basis.