FastTrack youth intro to track Spring Sessions Mondays 4:15-6:00
March 14 to Jun 20
This program is designed for newer and younger riders learning track safety, skills and learning to train in track cycling. The curriculum will cover safety, major skills, games and drills that teach group and individual skills, intro races on the track, and training in all the track abilities. All in a fun and supportive atmosphere.
Certified track coaches include:
- Lister Farrar (co-founder FastTrack and coach since 2011, NCCP Comp Dev, BPE),
- Casey Garrison (multi-national track championship medalist, NCCP Community initiation),
- Alex Bovell (national team cyclist, NCCP pending) and
- Alex Hui (GVVA head coach, multi-provincial championship medalist, NCCP Competition Development).
- GVVA Membership
- Rental bike, GVVA Membership,
- Annual Track Pass for other open track times,
- and coaching included.
The FastTrack program follows Cycling Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) principles to ensure athletes are developing effective cycling skills; tactics and techniques through age/stage appropriate training loads and progressions (volume and intensity). The Westshore Velodrome is a participant friendly environment, and the GVVA FastTrack program welcomes athletes with disabilities.
Monday March 14, 2022 will be our first spring session of the year.
Practice times are 4:15-6:00, Mondays to June 20
- Cycling helmet, water bottle, athletic clothing and running shoes.
- Athletes are permitted to use their own cycling shoes and pedals.
- Program runs rain or shine – please come prepared.
Fixed Gear / Velodrome Rental Bicycles are provided for all FastTrack participants on loan from the GVVA, if needed, on a first come; first served basis.