GVVA FastTrack Youth Development Program
GVVA FastTrack Junior Development Program.
This year the program mandate continues to be to provide a safe, fun, and challenging environment for athletes who are within the FUNDAMENTALS, Learn to Train, or Train to Train stages of long term athlete development (LTAD) generally this refers to athletes who are 7 -16 years old, or with 0-6 training years in sport. FastTrack welcomes athletes within the FUNDAMENTALS stage of LTAD. Youth who are 7 or 8 years old, and who are able to ride their own bikes on their own are welcome. Athletes aged 17-19, who are new to cycling, are also welcome to join the program.
The FastTrack program follows Cycling Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) principles to ensure athletes are developing effective cycling skills; tactics and techniques through age/stage appropriate training loads and progressions (volume and intensity). The Westshore Velodrome is a participant friendly environment, and the GVVA FastTrack program welcomes athletes with disabilities.
Lister Farrar – NCCP Level 2 Cycling Coach
Alex Hui – NCCP Competition Introduction Cycling Coach
Brenna Pauly – Assistant Coach
- Cycling helmet, water bottle, athletic clothing and running shoes.
- Athletes are permitted to use their own cycling shoes and pedals.
- Program runs rain or shine – please come prepared.
Fixed Gear / Velodrome Rental Bicycles are provided for all FastTrack participants on loan from the GVVA, if needed, on a first come; first served basis.
- 10 weeks* program fees apply for athletes who wish to participate in only 2 sessions per week between April to August
- One time drop-in available for purchase at the track on same day (credit card only)